javascript:void(0) images move me: it's been so long and it will be longer

Sunday, October 3, 2010

it's been so long and it will be longer

Kathleen continues to write beautiful entries. And I continue to lurk. I know! I suck. I have been inundated with work, life, tears, breathing, sadness, happiness, french fries. But I promise to write a review of I capture the castle soon. I re-watched it recently. I remember seeing it for the first time on my seventeenth birthday. It spoke so deeply to me then. There is always the risk of rewatching really formative films from your youth. You risk thinking they are stupid or childish because you have grown and matured. Luckily, I have neither grown nor matured because the movie was still as good as I remembered. It perfectly displays the intensity of teenage emotion--when you are living so so fiercely in your head. In your journal.

And following Kathleen's lead, I've been listening to Ravel. Pavane for a Dead Princess is playing now. There is sadness in the air but I am happy here.

And, like always, I am obsessively watching youtube videos of limber breakdancers. These images really move me.

My best friend recently got an Iphone and yeah I know it's not a big deal cuz all the tweens have one but it's a big deal to me. Phones should be phones. Not cameras and music players! But she sent me this picture she took with her Iphone. It's her grandmother's living room. It is so so eerie. The witching hour inside. Bright bright outside. This image continues to move me.

No comments:

Post a Comment