javascript:void(0) images move me: Roseanne: Part 1

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Roseanne: Part 1





All images from thirdanddelaware.tumblr.com. This is a blog that is devoted to chronicling the fashion in EVERY ROSEANNE EPISODE EVER. Heavenly.
The chicken shirt. Roseanne has this wonderful chicken shirt that looks worn and wonderful, sweet and comfortable. It pairs well with jeans, with slacks, with anything. I need this shirt. I want this shirt.
Here, are you kidding me? Every single person in the Conner family dons the infamous chicken shirt. Except Becky but she doesn't really count. I love this shirt. The fashion on Roseanne was so good. I'm not trying to be funny or ironic. But these images really move me. It is about inimitable style that can be borrowed but not stolen. The shirt looks just as good on DJ as it does on Roseanne. And of course, Jackie can do no wrong. When I was in college my bestie and I would go on all sorts of fashion adventures together. Our senior year we started "the sweats challenge." We had to wear sweats for 30 days. The idea was you limited yourself so severely that you had to create something amazing. We bought little boys sweats and paired them with cardigans, skirts, trenches. We only lasted 11 days (this was partially because my friend was starting to quasi-date this boy and felt uncomfortable wearing sweats around him) Ok, the point is, there is glory is something so simple and worn. Like this chicken shirt. It probably smells and has yellow armpit stains but it is good.

2 comments:

  1. I mean, how good was Roseanne's waitress uniform? ...especially when Leon never told them that they didn't have to wear it any more. aaaahhhh..

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wonder if target still sells those boy sweats. im up for sweats challenge redux.

    ReplyDelete